Class Teacher for September 2017
The Governors, staff and pupils are looking to appoint a committed professional to join our happy, hardworking team as a Class Teacher. Applications are sought from experienced teachers but outstanding NQTs are welcome to apply.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with KS2 children!
- Excellent classroom practice
- A friendly and approachable manner
- A track record of improving pupils’ progress and achievement
- Outstanding interpersonal and organisational skills
- The proven ability to use assessment data to improve teaching and learning
- A positive approach to behaviour management
- A team player with a good sense of humour
- Knowledge of SEN best-practice in mainstream schools
- Working well under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines
We can offer:
- Children who enjoy coming to school
- Colleagues who are hardworking and enthusiastic, with a strong team ethos
- Extremely supportive Governors
- Inspiring pupils, drawn from all across the UK and the commonwealth
- Appreciative parents
- A commitment to your continued professional development
Please visit our website www.wavell-jun.n-yorks.sch.ukto get a feel for our school and the sort of things that are going on. Watch the video on the homepage, look at the Twitter feed on the side of the homepage and find us on Facebook (search ‘@wavelljuniors’.)
Visits to our school are greatly encouraged, please contact the school office to arrange an appointment.
Please apply electronically, using a North Yorkshire County Council Application Form, and send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wavell Community Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will require an enhanced DBS clearance. Any offer of employment will be conditional upon receiving two satisfactory references.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 25th April 2017 at 12 noon.
Shortlisting will take place on Wednesday 26th April 2017.
Interview Date: Friday 5th May 2017.
If you are interested in becoming a school governor please contact the school on 01748 832298 and ask for either Mr Phillip Hunter (Headteacher) or Mrs Josie Larder (School Business Manager).